What personal information do we collect?
Canadian privacy legislation defines personal information broadly as information about "an identifiable individual" or as information that allows an individual to be identified. The types of personal information that we may collect from you from time to time include: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, your forwarding address (e.g. during a vacation), previous address(es), payment information (for billing purposes), your mailing preferences, delivery instructions, and individual customer service preferences (such as "do not solicit"). In addition, from time to time, we may ask you to provide us with more detailed information regarding your interests, occupation, and background. For example, we sometimes ask our customers to complete surveys in order to get a better sense of who they are and what issues, products or services may be of interest to them. Finally, from time to time, we may acquire demographic and other information about you (e.g. your occupation and interests) from an outside organization, but only if you have previously agreed to allow such an organization to disclose the information to companies such as CountryWide Homes.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information for the purposes listed below:
- To send you information
- From time to time we may send you further information about offers, or other products produced.
- To understand your needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with you and
- To conduct surveys, research and evaluations
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties in the following circumstances:
- Disclosure to Service Providers We may disclose your personal information to other companies that provide services on our behalf.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure CountryWide Homes may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where CountryWide Homes has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to CountryWide Homes ' legal counsel.
Privacy and our websites
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these advertising features, you give permission to Google Analytics to collect data about your traffic via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics practice. Regardless of how you send data to Google Analytics (e.g. through the Google Analytics tracking code, Google Analytics SDK, or the Measurement Protocol), if you use Google Analytics Advertising Features, you must adhere to this policy.
How can you access your personal information?
Upon written request, subject to certain exceptions, CountryWide Homes will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent to the attention of Privacy Officer 1500 Highway 7 Concord, Ontario L4K 5Y4 Tel: 905 907 1500 Fax: 905 907 1501